Thursday, June 25, 2020

The Life You Save May Not Be Your Own



A nice short 3-minute audio interview.  Listen (below) after reading the intro above.

I find this noteworthy, both reflecting on systemic racism and bigotry, especially from my parent’s generation (I too was in high school during school desegregation), and sadly still prevalent in many parts of our country.

But it's also noteworthy, for how many people help us along our journeys.  We may think we are independent, self-reliant individuals, but that is just our ego taking credit where it is likely not deserved.  We are much more inter-dependent than we think.  Again, our ego hopes we don't come to that realization. "Lalalala, I can't hear you", it says.

Here's the link to the StoryCorps interview:  http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=7788

I am so grateful for all of the help and good fortune I received along my life’s trajectory.  And I've had it much easier that most people (e.g., white, male, loving family, privileged upbringing, etc, etc.).

Anyways, just thought you might find this interesting.  

No comments: