Wednesday, October 05, 2011

To hell with grammar (and other conventions)


World's shortest obituary:  "Think Different"

'Nuff said.

And here is an iconic Apple ad, which when aired was narrated by Richard Dreyfus.  However, this one is narrated by the Man himself.  Thank you Steve, for being our generation's "crazy one".



"And just one more thing" ;-)

Many times I've thought about what it must have been like to live during the time of da Vinci, Michelangelo, Mozart or Beethoven.  Pure genius right before your eyes.

And only now, as I stop to reflect about Steve Jobs, do I realize we've been having breakfast together all these years.  MacBook Pro, Apple Cinema display, iPod, iPhone, iPad are all before me along with my hot tea and toast.

I sit in the presence of his genius.  Every day.

Can you even imagine what world we might be inhabiting had he not graced our planet for 56 insane years?

Well, he helped us understand that alternative universe as well, on just one day, long ago:




Rest in peace Steve.   You deserve it.

Update -- I came across this interesting graphic while reading many of the tributes to this special man.  With credit to Jonathan Mak ... somehow, like the Apple products we love, it  "just works":


3 comments:

Alli said...

Awesome post, Dad. It's sad to think that Steve Jobs is gone but I hope Apple will move forward with his creativity and innovation in mind. I am wondering if you can send me a different link to the last graphic of your post. For some reason it will only show up as a question mark for me.

Steven Crisp said...

Thanks Alli,

A little late, but I finally got the question mark fixed with the proper image.

Unfortunately, I can't remember what movie I had linked to right above it, and now the link is broken.

I guess this is life in the internet age ;-)

Love, Dad-

Steven Crisp said...

Happened back here for some reason after many years. That last movie link was still broken, but if memory serves (could it be getting better with time???) it was the 1984 Macintosh Ad. So I found another source and updated the post. Enjoy! Truly Steve Jobs was one of the crazy ones!

S-